The Investment and Marketing Corporation Saxony-Anhalt (IMG) is the economic development agency of the German federal state of Saxony-Anhalt. We act as a partner for business, providing consultancy for investors – from finding a suitable site, providing information on subsidies, dealing with public authorities, and all matters about making your investment a success. Our service is confidential and free of charge.
Saxony-Anhalt provides the ideal "plug & play"- environment for biotech companies from the entire range of pharmaceutical, plant-based and industrial biotechnology. You will find excellent conditions with specialist R&D focus at dedicated sites like the Weinberg Campus, the BioPharmaPark, the Central German Chemical Triangle and the Biotech Start-Up Center. Saxony-Anhalt convinces due to its immediately available commercial and laboratory space, rapid administrative and funding decision-making, and its close networking between science and industry.
The biotech region Saxony-Anhalt as investment location
Sites for biotechnical and pharmaceutical plants:
- Biopharmaceutical industrial parks
- Available and fully-zoned sites at moderate costs in a flat area
- Investment incentives up to 30 % of eligible costs
- Research and development subsidies up to 80 %
- Personnel training incentives up to 80 %
Available and skilled labor:
- More than 55,000 students
- 76 % of employees in Saxony-Anhalt have completed at least one course of occupational training
- Excellent networking between 7 universities, 15 research institutes, and 40 biotech and pharmaceutical companies
Speed and ease of implementation:
- Winner of Top IPA Award 2016: IMG Saxony-Anhalt has been awarded as one of the best regional economic development agencies in Europe
Vaccine Technology, Research, Development and Manufacturing of Biological and Pharmaceutical Products, Quality Control & Compliance
Integrated Site for Pharmaceutical Technology and Biotechnology
Biotech Start-up Center Gatersleben
Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research
Center of Excellence for Plant Biotechnology
Central German Chemical Triangle
Industrial Biotechnology, Biopolymers, Center for Chemical-Biotechnological Processes, BioEconomy Cluster
Development and scaling up of processes for the utilization of renewable and petrochemical raw materials, Chemical Park Concept
Thyssen-Krupp Uhde, Global Bioenergies
Investment and Marketing Corporation Saxony-Anhalt
Am Alten Theater 6
Phone: +49 391 568990
Get in contact with German companies in 3 easy steps! With one single question you can reach all relevant German Pavilion exhibitors of your selected industrial branch.
Click here if you notice an image that violates copyright or privacy rights.