Meet 54 German companies
June 4 -7, 2018
Boston Convention Center
Welcome to the German Pavilion at BIO 2018!
Germany is one of Europe`s most important players in the field of biotechnology.
• Germany is home to about 590 dedicated biotech companies and 130 non-dedicated companies that are also active in the field of biotechnology. Altogether 38 000 employees work in this sector.
• The sales volume of the dedicated companies alone is worth almost EUR 3,4 billion. R&D investment was around 1.05 Mio. Euro in 2015.
• Germany ranks third in worldwide patent applications in biotechnology. One fifth of all biotech patents registered in the EU region are from Germany.
• The majority of German Biotech companies are dedicated to the development of drugs or new methods in diagnostics.
• Germany is the largest producer of biopharmaceuticals within the EU and ranks second worldwide behind the US. In 2015, the turn-over with biopharmaceuticals was 8,2 billion Euro which accounts for 23 percent of the whole German pharmaceutical market.
• Germany is one of the world`s leading industrial biotechnology nations.
• In more than 200 research facilities in Germany, scientists are busy pursuing biotechnological questions and issues. These include 61 universities, 39 technical colleges, 105 non-academic research facilities and 9 sites of state department research.
• Several science and innovation clusters have been established as centers for expertise. The largest of them are settled around Munich, Berlin and North-Rhine Westfalia.
At BIO 2018 in Boston more than 54 German companies and institutions will present themselves with their ambitious product developments and services in the 21st German official presentation at BIO annual convention. These companies and institutions are convinced that their products and ideas will be received with great interest.
The German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi), the AUMA_Association of the German Trade Industry, German Association of Biotechnology Industries of the German Chemical Industry Association (DIB) and the German Biotechnology-Industry-Organization BIO Deutschland welcome you to the official German Presentation at BIO 2018 in Boston.
Booth number: 1501-6
Fraunhofer Institut für Bioanalytik & Bioprozesse IZI-BB
Booth number: 1501-8
Pathway activity profiling
Booth number: 1601-7
scioPhospo & scioUbi
Booth number: 1601-7
Booth number: 1401-5
Investment and Marketing Corporation Saxony-Anhalt
Biotech Start-up Center Gatersleben
Booth number: 1601-10
Start of clinical trial with TCR immunotherapy MDG1011
Target: PRAME (Preferentially Expressed Antigen in Melanoma) is a well characterized tumor antigen overexpressed in multiple hematological and solid tumor indications The drug, MDG1011: T cells expressing a HLA-A*02:01-restricted T cell receptor (TCR) specific for PRAME Trial outline: 1) Combi... | Further reading
DNA-Test for detection of influenza viruses H5N8 and H5N6 and H4N7
Genekam Biotechnology AG has just developed two different kits for two different viruses, which are breaking out in many countries. H5N6 is infecting human beings also particularly a few cases are being reported in China and it may spread to our countries. H5N8 is breaking out in birds at present... | Further reading
MorphoSys Announces That Tremfya(R) (Guselkumab) Data Demonstrated Long-Term Skin Clearance In Patients With Moderate-To-Severe Plaque Psoriasis
MorphoSys AG (FSE: MOR; Prime Standard Segment, TecDAX; OTC: MPSYY) announced today that its licensee Janssen Research & Development, LLC (Janssen) reported data from the Phase 3 VOYAGE 2 study of TREMFYA(R) (guselkumab), which demonstrated long-term skin clearance in patients with moderate to se... | Further reading