Meet 54 German companies
June 4 -7, 2018
Boston Convention Center
Welcome to the German Pavilion at BIO 2018!
Germany is one of Europe`s most important players in the field of biotechnology.
• Germany is home to about 590 dedicated biotech companies and 130 non-dedicated companies that are also active in the field of biotechnology. Altogether 38 000 employees work in this sector.
• The sales volume of the dedicated companies alone is worth almost EUR 3,4 billion. R&D investment was around 1.05 Mio. Euro in 2015.
• Germany ranks third in worldwide patent applications in biotechnology. One fifth of all biotech patents registered in the EU region are from Germany.
• The majority of German Biotech companies are dedicated to the development of drugs or new methods in diagnostics.
• Germany is the largest producer of biopharmaceuticals within the EU and ranks second worldwide behind the US. In 2015, the turn-over with biopharmaceuticals was 8,2 billion Euro which accounts for 23 percent of the whole German pharmaceutical market.
• Germany is one of the world`s leading industrial biotechnology nations.
• In more than 200 research facilities in Germany, scientists are busy pursuing biotechnological questions and issues. These include 61 universities, 39 technical colleges, 105 non-academic research facilities and 9 sites of state department research.
• Several science and innovation clusters have been established as centers for expertise. The largest of them are settled around Munich, Berlin and North-Rhine Westfalia.
At BIO 2018 in Boston more than 54 German companies and institutions will present themselves with their ambitious product developments and services in the 21st German official presentation at BIO annual convention. These companies and institutions are convinced that their products and ideas will be received with great interest.
The German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi), the AUMA_Association of the German Trade Industry, German Association of Biotechnology Industries of the German Chemical Industry Association (DIB) and the German Biotechnology-Industry-Organization BIO Deutschland welcome you to the official German Presentation at BIO 2018 in Boston.
Booth number: 1401-3
Booth number: 1401-2
Booth number: 1601-5
Fraunhofer Group for Life Science
Booth number: 1501-8
Coriolis Pharma Research GmbH
Booth number: 1401-7
Chemical Process Development (cGMP)
Booth number: 1501-7
World Innovation and Hope: First therapeutic molecule candidate against Zika viruses
Genekam Biotechnology AG, which developed the first test for Zikavrius detection in Januar 2016, has developed as one of first company in the world the therapeutic molecule candidate for Zika viruses, which is likely to be the first potential candidate for Zika-virus therapy. Zika viruses are kn... | Further reading
Start of clinical trial with TCR immunotherapy MDG1011
Target: PRAME (Preferentially Expressed Antigen in Melanoma) is a well characterized tumor antigen overexpressed in multiple hematological and solid tumor indications The drug, MDG1011: T cells expressing a HLA-A*02:01-restricted T cell receptor (TCR) specific for PRAME Trial outline: 1) Combi... | Further reading
Current BioPark Financial Report 2017
The number of biotechnology companies (core Biotech definition according to CapGemini Consulting) has risen compared to last year to 33 companies (+ 3). The number of biotech employees has slightly fallen from 1,152 to 1,108 (- 4 %) due to company restructuring. Concurrently the number of employe... | Further reading