Meet 54 German companies
June 4 -7, 2018
Boston Convention Center
Welcome to the German Pavilion at BIO 2018!
Germany is one of Europe`s most important players in the field of biotechnology.
• Germany is home to about 590 dedicated biotech companies and 130 non-dedicated companies that are also active in the field of biotechnology. Altogether 38 000 employees work in this sector.
• The sales volume of the dedicated companies alone is worth almost EUR 3,4 billion. R&D investment was around 1.05 Mio. Euro in 2015.
• Germany ranks third in worldwide patent applications in biotechnology. One fifth of all biotech patents registered in the EU region are from Germany.
• The majority of German Biotech companies are dedicated to the development of drugs or new methods in diagnostics.
• Germany is the largest producer of biopharmaceuticals within the EU and ranks second worldwide behind the US. In 2015, the turn-over with biopharmaceuticals was 8,2 billion Euro which accounts for 23 percent of the whole German pharmaceutical market.
• Germany is one of the world`s leading industrial biotechnology nations.
• In more than 200 research facilities in Germany, scientists are busy pursuing biotechnological questions and issues. These include 61 universities, 39 technical colleges, 105 non-academic research facilities and 9 sites of state department research.
• Several science and innovation clusters have been established as centers for expertise. The largest of them are settled around Munich, Berlin and North-Rhine Westfalia.
At BIO 2018 in Boston more than 54 German companies and institutions will present themselves with their ambitious product developments and services in the 21st German official presentation at BIO annual convention. These companies and institutions are convinced that their products and ideas will be received with great interest.
The German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi), the AUMA_Association of the German Trade Industry, German Association of Biotechnology Industries of the German Chemical Industry Association (DIB) and the German Biotechnology-Industry-Organization BIO Deutschland welcome you to the official German Presentation at BIO 2018 in Boston.
Booth number: 1401-3
Booth number: 1601-3
Booth number: 1401-2
Quality Control + Assurance, Regulatory
Booth number: 1501-7
Booth number: 1601-5
IGES Institut GmbH
Your one-step partner
Booth number: 1601-13
MorphoSys Signs Regional License Agreement for Antibody MOR202 with I-Mab
MorphoSys AG (FSE: MOR; Prime Standard Segment, TecDAX; OTC: MPSYY) and I-Mab announced today that they have entered into an exclusive regional licensing agreement to develop and commercialize MOR202 in China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macao. MOR202 is MorphoSys's proprietary investigational antibody... | Further reading
Health Economics & Outcomes Research -> Value demonstration -Dossiers for early benefit assessment and clinical evaluation of drugs -Health Technology Assessment (HTA) Market analysis ->Assessment of inpatient and ambulatory sector potentials ->Competition and regulation ... | Further reading
Image management platform ERICA
In 2017 pharmtrace launched its validated GCP-compliant image management platform (ERICA) as a “cloud enabled” SaaS ("Software as a Service") platform to enable customers directly manage their clinical trial images and to take full control of all imaging-related workflows. pharmtrace provides the... | Further reading